Andy and Opie, Housekeepers (TAGS Episode)
Andy and Opie, Housekeepers
- Filmed: 23
- Aired: 23
- Original Air Date: 1961/03/13
- Writer(s): David Adler
- Director: Bob Sweeney
Aunt Bee leaves for Mount Pilot after Cousin Edgar calls to tell her Maude has taken ill. Within hours, the Taylor house has become a pig's sty, and Andy and Opie must enlist the help of Bee's friend Bertha to get it back in order before Bee returns. Andy realizes that Bee's feelings will be hurt is she thinks they don't need her and promptly dispatches Opie to mess the place up again. After discovering the newly made mess, Bee feels wanted again and all is well--until Bertha shows up.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- This is the first appearance of Hope Summers as Aunt Bee's best friend. She would play her as "Bertha Edwards", then "Clara Johnson", and finally "Clara Edwards". She also plays "Miss Bedloe" in one episode.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Hope Summers - Bertha Edwards
- Rory Stevens - Jimmy