Andy and Barney in the Big City (TAGS Episode)
From Mayberry Historical Society
Andy and Barney in the Big City
- Filmed: 57
- Aired: 57
- Original Air Date: 1962/03/26
- Writer(s): Harvey Bullock
- Director: Bob Sweeney
Andy and Barney are involved in catching a jewel thief.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Actor Roger Til appeared in the movie "Stargate", which spawned several tv series.
- Before he became a regular on "Rowan And Martin's Laugh-In", actor Arte Johnson got first showbiz job by just impulsively stepping into an audition line at Broadway theater, where he was almost immediately chosen for role in "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes." His stage name "Arte" came about by accident. Originally billed as "Art E. Johnson", his name was mistakenly posted as "Arte" on a playbill. Johnson liked the look and sound of the name, so he kept it.
- Actor Peter Leeds accompanied Bob Hope on 14 international USO tours and appeared on Broadway with Mickey Rooney and Ann Miller in "Sugar Babies." He has over 8000 appearances on television, particularly in the fifties and sixties.
- Actor Les Tremayne was born in Balham, England.
- Fans learn in this episode that Barney when signing for anything while out of town, signed Barnard Fife MD. The MD he explains to Andy stands for Mayberry Deputy.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Allan Melvin - Detective Bardolli
- Les Tremayne - C.J. Hassler
- Peter Leeds - Sgt. Nelson
- Arte Johnson - hotel desk clerk
- Robert S. Carson - Commissioner Hedges
- Ottola Nesmith - woman with jewels
- Thomas Myers - commissioner's assistant
- Roger Til - waiter