Andy Forecloses (TAGS Episode)
From Mayberry Historical Society
- Filmed: 28
- Aired: 28
- Original Air Date: 1961/04/24
- Writer(s): Ben Gershman and Leo Solomon
- Director: Bob Sweeney
Ben Weaver is up to his Scrooge-like tactics again; this time he is out to evict the Scoby family from their home. He is foiled by some of Andy's patented reverse psychology.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Just a minute or two into the episode is the first mention of Juanita Beasley, the new waitress at the Junction Cafe who Barney sees from time to time in later episodes.
- Sam Edwards, Margaret Kerry, and Joy Ellison played three of the four members of the Muggins family in an earlier episode, No. 11, The Christmas Story.
- In an effort to keep the Scoby's from being evicted, Barney starts the "Save the Scoby House" fund by taking money out of his holster, his sock, and his hat.
- The customer at the rummage sale, in "Memorable Quotes", is played by Jack Prince, who is later cast as Rafe Hollister.
- At the rummage sale:
- Customer: Uh, how much is this?
Andy: Oh, 'bout three dollars.
Customer: What you suppose it is?
Andy: If I knew that it'd cost you five.
Customer: Sounds like a bargain.
Andy: Heh, yeah...yeah, one of these is nice to have.
Customer: I always wanted one.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Hope Summers - Bertha
- Sam Edwards - Lester Scoby
- Margaret Kerry - Helen Scoby
- Joy Ellison - Mary Scoby
- Will Wright - Ben Weaver
- Bob McQuain - Bill
- Jack Prince - rummage sale customer