A Trip to Mexico (TAGS Episode)
A Trip to Mexico
- Filmed: 227
- Aired: 222
- Original Air Date: 1967/09/25
- Writer(s): Dick Bensfield and Perry Grant
- Director: Lee Phillips
Aunt Bee wins a trip to Mexico and takes her two closest friends, Clara and Myrtle, with her. By the time they return, the threesome is no longer speaking to each other. Andy gets all three women together to look at the photos from the trip. The good memories outweigh the bad, and the ladies forget their differences and make up.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Actor Jose Gonzales-Gonzales appeared in the 1991 comedy movie, "The Naked Gun 2½: The Smell of Fear".
- Actor Eddie Carroll has been doing the voice of "Jiminy Cricket" since 1977 for Disney. Before that, he was a regular on "The Don Knotts Show" in the 70s.
- Actor Natividad Vacio appeared as "Jose" in a 1950 episode of "The Lone Ranger", entitled "Dead Man's Chest". He also played "Inspector Tomaio" in "The Brainy Burro", a 1958 episode of "The Adventures of Superman".
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Jack Dodson - Howard Sprague
- Paul Hartman - Emmett Clark
- Aneta Corsaut - Helen Crump
- Hope Summers - Clara Edwards
- Ruth Thom - Myrtle
- Vince Barnett - Elmo
- Jose Gonzales-Gonzales - shopkeeper
- Anthony Jochim - Harvey
- Manuel Martin - violinist
- Eddie Carroll - airport clerk
- Natividad Vacio - hotel clerk