A Feud is a Feud (TAGS Episode)
A Feud is a Feud
- Filmed: 8
- Aired: 9
- Original Air Date: 1960/12/05
- Writer(s): David Adler
- Director: Don Weis
Andy is caught in the middle of two feuding mountain families when one's son and the other's daughter show up at the Taylor house to be married. Andy brings the feud to an end by bluffing the heads of the families into settling the matter once and for all with a duel.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Andy comments that he learned some French when he was there for "the war."
- During the dueling scene, about 18:30 into the show, Andy takes the men's shotguns, unloads them, and returns each gun to the wrong man.
- Actor Chubby Johnson was a true jack-of-all trades. At different times of his life, he was a reporter, columnist, journalist, radio announcer and even a butcher.
- Actress Tammy Windsor has in the past been erroneously identified as Karyn Kupcinet and was believed for years to be the actress who played Hannah Carter. Tammy Windsor is not Karyn Kupcinet. This information was confirmed by the family of Karyn Kupcinet who wrote to say:
- Thanks for sharing your interest in Karyn. I can tell you that she was not Tammy Windsor. The researcher who came up with that notion, and even got IMDB and Wikipedia to go along with it, has since herself reversed her opinion.
- Information about the true identity of Tammy Windsor was found by WBMUTBB Chapter member, Janet Anderson. The reference information can be found here.
- Actor Arthur Hunnicut co-starred with Edgar Buchanan in a pilot for a CBS sitcom called "Lum and Abner" in 1962. It was about a pair of Ozark storekeepers. The series wasn't picked up by CBS.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Arthur Hunnicutt - Mr. Wakefield
- Sandra De Bear (as Tammy Windsor) - Hannah Carter
- Claude Johnson - Josh Wakefield
- Chubby Johnson - Mr. Carter